Black Deaf Lives Matter
Children’s Activity Book
A fun coloring & activity book about Black Deaf life, history, culture, and sign languages
By Lissa Ramirez-Stapleton, PhD
Illustrated by Shawn Richardson
The book is out!!!!
Previous #1 New Release in Inclusive Education Methods
The book can be purchased on Amazon.
Please contact Lissa Ramirez-Stapleton below to order bulk or schedule an interview.
Follow on Instagram @BlackDeafEducation
Acknowledging and celebrating this community is imperative.
Dr. Ramirez-Stapleton shines a light where many have yet to turn their gaze
This is a wonderful and strongly need educational activity book. I love that it has positive self-image activities
What an amazing, unique, and well overdue book this is! It is so well written and conceived. The subject matter is both timely and timeless and presented in a way that is engaging and entertaining.
R. St. James
I’m truly impressed with this educational coloring activity book! Great resources to touch base with Deaf/Hard of hearing learners about Black Deaf life, history, culture, and Black American Sign Language (BASL)
40 % of the book proceeds have gone to the following organizations and causes so far...
- National Black Deaf Advocates - Black Deaf Women Leadership Program
- 100 books were donated to 10 teachers around the world, impacting 250 kids
- Sponsored Black Deaf History Month programming for Deaf schools in California
- Supported the Georgia School for the Deaf -Black Deaf Alumni's Segregation documentary project
- Donated funds to support Black Deaf artists' work
- Southern California Black Deaf Advocates Juneteenth Celebration
-SignLight Creative Arts Deaf High School Camp
- MORE to come!
of the proceeds
will go back into
the Black Deaf